Human Resources Manager
The Human Resource Manager is the first point of contact for managers to provide counsel, coaching, and support on HR fundamentals and employee related concerns. This role is critical in executing our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, driving HR functional excellence and process improvement and act as the HR Manager of record for a client group across all 3 shifts.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple leaders and employees within complex business environment, including supporting multiple departments.
- Coach multiple leaders and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, retention and work place investigations as appropriate.
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to Sr. HR Business Partner; navigates employees and managers to HR services when it is more the appropriate resources.
- Partner with Sr. HRBP to execute business-specific HR strategies.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment.
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance.
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes (NEO, Harassment, leadership, etc.)
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documentation and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action.
- Provide coaching and mentor-ship to new and current members or HR Operations Generalists.
- Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups and shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in related area (or a high school graduate/GED or equivalent with at least 7 years of relevant work experience)
- Masters/MBA preferred
- Required travel – nominal
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in an organization by helping employees succeed; Positive Attitude; sense of humor.
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels.
- Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise.
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness.
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse tense situations.
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance and confidentiality.
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles (talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, HR analytics, facilitation, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements.
- Detailed- oriented with excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- PHR/SHRM-CP, SPHR/ SHRM-SCP certification
- Manufacturing experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 7 years