These quotes will help lift you when it seems things aren't working as you had planned. I have had, probably much like you hard times lasting a lifetime. Losing jobs, divorce, eviction and business ideas seemingly easy for others only to fail for me. I felt ripe for failure.
The quotes are below. I fault for life believing I deserved to be happy with great not good enough. First I'd like you to compare yourself to the story of two mice as told in this rendition by Narinder:
"Once a big fat Mouse and a lively little Mouse were hopping along together when they had the misfortune of jumping into a pail of fresh milk. They swam for hours and hours hoping to get out somehow; but the sides of the pail were steep and slippery and death seemed to be certain.
When the big Mouse was exhausted he lost courage. There seemed no hope of rescue. "Why keep struggling against the inevitable? I cannot swim any longer." He moaned.
"Keep on! Keep on!" urged the little Mouse, who was still circling the pail. So they went on for a while. But the big Mouse decided it was no use.
"Little brother, We may as well give up" he gasped. "I am going to quit struggling."Now only the little Mouse was left.
He thought to himself. "Well, to give up is to be dead, so I will keep swimming."
Two more hours passed and the tiny legs of the determined little Mouse were almost paralysed with exhaustion. It seemed as if he could not keep moving for another minute. But he thought of his dead friend, and repeated,
"To give up is to be meat for someone's table, so I'll keep paddling on until I die – if death is to come – but I will not cease trying – while there is life, there is hope."
Intoxicated with determination, the little Mouse kept on swimming around and around the pail, chopping the milk into white waves. After a while, just as he felt completely numb and thought he was about to drown, he suddenly felt something solid under him.
To his astonishment, he saw that he was resting on a lump of butter which he had churned by constant paddling! And so the successful little Mouse leaped out of the milk pail to freedom."
- You don’t have to be great to start, but you so have to start to be great.” - Zig Ziglar
- “When you’re passionate about your job and career, success comes naturally and peacefully in both your personal and professional life” - Tom Powner
- “The difference between a dream and a goal is a deadline” – Steve Smith
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~ Maria Robinson
- We must be willing to fail and to appreciate the truth that often “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived.” – M. Scott Peck
- “If everybody’s thinking alike, then somebody’s not thinking.” - George S. Patton
- “Don’t be defined by your past, your past is the tutor of your present and is always preparing you for new experience. Forget about disappointment or any past mistakes that is keeping you from moving forward. Its never too late for a new beginning.” – Kemmy Nola
- “If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to meet it” – Jonathan Winters
- “The world is round, and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning” – Ivy Baker Priest
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” - Barack Obama
- The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own.” - Benjamin Disraeli
- “Don’t fall before you’re pushed” – English Proverb
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.” - Alexander Graham Bell
- “The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shinning” - John F Kennedy
- “Positive things happen to positive people.” - Sarah Beeny
- “If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” - Dolly Parton
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” - George Elliot“Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere.” - Betty White
- “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” – Victor Kiam
- “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” - Confucius
- “Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.” - John F Kennedy
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” - C.S. Lewis
- “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” - Helen Keller
- “It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.” - Helen Keller
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” - Helen Keller
- “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” – Lucille Ball
- “An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.” – Winston Churchill
- “Think highly of yourself because the world takes you at your own estimate.” - Unknown
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” - Jimmy Dean
- “We live in an era when rapid change breeds fear, and fear too often congeals us into a rigidity which we mistake for stability.” – Lynn White
- “Expect to succeed even before you start. All winners, no matter what their game, start with the expectations that they are going to succeed. Winners say, “I want to do this and I CAN do this”, not “I would like to do this, but I don’t think I can.” - Denis Waitley
- “Wherever you are – be all there.” - Jim Elliot
- “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself.” - Alice Walker
- “If you chase two rabbits, both will escape.” – Russian Proverb
- “If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.” - Ivan Turgenev
- “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.” - Hannah More
- “Change is hard because people overestimate the value of what they have—and underestimate the value of what they may gain by giving that up.” - James Belasco and Ralph Stayer
- “The road to success is lined with many tempting parking spaces.” - Proverb
- “You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” - Ted Turner
- “We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda
I am Jim Woods, President of Woods Kovalova Group. I am an elite coach who successfully transformed his life from homelessness to teaching university. I’ve built my thriving practice around living a whole and high-performance life – based on relevant, cutting-edge research and information. I love to coach my clients to success, to achieve the life they truly want, through programs which not only match their goals and personalities but also educate and empower them to reach their highest potential, to be high performers. I am an author, keynote speaker, grandfather and newlywed to my longtime business partner. See my clients. Need help overcoming an obstacle that has you stuck? I can help you confidentially. Nothing works until we do. Get started now. Click here.